I love movies. I love soundtracks. Put them together and I have a huge database of useless information in my head. What better way of using that knowledge than to test yours! Here are some songs that are included in movie soundtracks. They’re not obscure songs in the movie, they are an integral part of it.
Come up with as many answers as you can… I know some songs have been in multiple films so with reference checking I’ll see if it qualifies. The winner gets a copy of my husband’s newly released CD (via snail mail or email), bragging rights, and a nice little post announcing you the winner.
Email me your answers to email@example.com
Email me your answers by 4/20 and I’ll post the results here. Happy playing!
1. “Dancing Queen” Abba (Muriel’s Wedding)
2. “If You Leave” Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (Pretty in Pink)
3. “Wise Up” Aimee Mann (Magnolia)
4. “Hoochie Mama” 2 Live Crew (Friday)
5. “Feelin’ Love” Paula Cole (City of Angels)
6. “Moon River” Henry Mancini (Breakfast at Tiffany’s)
7. “Flower” Moby (Gone in 60 Seconds)
8. “It Had to be You” Harry Connick Jr (When Harry Met Sally)
9. “Canned Heat” Jamiroquai (Napoleon Dynamite)
10. “In Your Eyes” Peter Gabriel (Say Anything)
11. “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” Beach Boys (50 First Dates)
12. “Claire de Lune” Claude Debussy (Ocean’s 11)
13. “It Can’t Rain All the Time” Jane Siberry (The Crow)
Could you cheat? I’m sure you can. But cheat now because the next contest you won’t be able to Google or Wiki… 🙂